Monday, 3 October 2016

Getting to know Pharo and EggShell

Latest progress

This week I mainly worked on getting comfortable with Pharo. I'm currently reading Pharo by Example and I'm about a fourth of the way through. Also, I've read through Dominik's thesis on EggShell, to get a basic idea about it.

Next steps

There are still some papers left to be read. I'll also continue working through Pharo by Example. Once I'm comfortable with the basics of Pharo, my next priority will be getting EggShell up and running, and understanding how it works, probably with the help of chapter 4 of Dominik's thesis. Once I understand the data model, I want to write some sample methods for querying it and then spend some time on a concept for a first draft of a more comprehensive DSL.

No comments:

Post a Comment